04 September, 2010

TG-Intel Starcraft Open


So I gave in and forked over the $19.99 USD for a season pass to the TG-Intel Starcraft Open. I'm sure that this will be an educational experience for me as much as an entertaining one. In fact, I've already learned one thing: I don't speak Korean. As I type this, I'm watching the HQ stream of the pre-game show and everything is in Korean.

And then as I type this, the English kicks in. Awesome. So here's the details.

64 Players from all over the world squaring off for a crazy amount of money and this is, to my knowledge, the first official league and tournament held in Korea. Matches are going to be cast by Nick "Tasteless" Plott and Artosis, so you know they'll be entertaining and informative.

My plan for the most part is to watch the matches after they've been played, but I wanted to at least check out the first one live. It's just about to start so I'll let you know how it goes later on.

UPDATE: Well, GOMtv is off to a somewhat rocky start. Streaming and bandwidth problems are making the High Quality video choppy and the Standard Quality stream is currently overloaded. I'm hanging in there, confident that they'll get things together, but I might not be able to watch any matches today.

UPDATE #2: Things finally got stable enough to watch the SQ stream for the last match. Apparently problems with the connection from Korea to the States was causing all the issues, which I hope they manage to rectify before the next stream. A lot of people are upset, as often happens on the internet, but I think these rough roads will only get smoother. Plus, there's always the VoDs to review once they come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment