15 October, 2010

Poll: Would You Continue Reading?

I've been struggling with a question for a while now and after watching my buddy Rahlekk make the switch from Zerg to Terran, I decided maybe it wouldn't be all that bad. I've played 200+ games as Zerg and I think that's enough to get a decent grasp of what they're like and how they play. I'm no expert, but I think I can say that I have a basic grasp of the playstyle.

Now, during these 200+ games, I've watched Terrans and Protoss doing all sorts of things I could never do as a Zerg. I'm not saying this as some sort of QQ-- more like a contrast of options than an imbalance. The other races are simply different ways of getting to the same goal, in my mind. But one thing always creeps in with these thoughts and Fungal Growth's(Yeah, I made a Zerg analogy. I make no apologies.) my urge to change races: what would happen to the blog?

I enjoy writing this blog and I hope you all enjoy reading it, but would the enjoyment still be there on both sides if suddenly I was learning Terran strategies or practicing Protoss tactics? I figured I'd put it to a vote and see what sort of response I get. Please vote if you enjoy reading this blog.


Would you keep reading this blog if I didn't play Zerg?

4 comments:

  1. Of course. :) It'll take me a while to get into the hang of Terran though, managing all the production buildings is hard to do after playing Zerg...

    We can practice together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog, your funny and it is well written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know what youre saying buddy, tbh, i think im more of a random player then a straight up zerg, as im constantly messing about with the other races. What i will say is that once you get used to zerg macro style, its difficult to get into the habit of the other 2's more conventional styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the support guys! I'm leaning towards Terran, more because I've been playing through the campaign again for relaxation than anything else.

    @Sean: I played as Terran last night and it was so strange. I made so many mistakes, but none of them made me think 'Damn it, that lost me the game!" like what generally happens when I play Zerg. Each mistake was recoverable.

    ReplyDelete