08 September, 2010

TG Intel Starcraft II Open: Part 2


We are now entering Day 4 of the TG Intel Starcraft II Open(what a mouthful) and I have to say GOMtv has improved their offering every step of the way.


From the rough start they had on opening night(5am my time. ugh.) with choppy feeds, buggy chat, and all kinds of account errors, they've come to a point where the streams are working great for the majority of the viewers and while the chat is still a bit cumbersome, we've had some really good discussions and cheering fests when the action gets heavy on screen.

I would encourage everyone to either make the effort to see the stream live since Standard Quality stream is free, or jump on board with a Season Ticket. This ticket is $19.95 and allows you to watch all the live events of the tournament happening now until October 2nd, all the events on Video on Demand(VOD), plus extra videos such as interviews with the players and other cool things. (Note: I'm not trying to sell you tickets or anything. I receive nothing from this other than sharing my enthusiasm for this event. Just figured I'd mention that.)
This was right after surviving a mad attack on his own base.
 Torch comes back and smacks sanZenith with his BCs for the win!

Each game I watch, I get more and more into the action. Yesterday, I couldn't help myself from yelling at the screen as I watched a US player named Torch turn a funky game around and charge head first into his opponent's base with a pair of Battlecruisers and some vikings. This is so much better than any sports season, trust me.

It's 4:18am EST, so there's 42 minutes to go until today's matches start. My sleep schedule is so messed up, but I can't get enough of this live action. Check out the schedule and plan your month! Hopefully you all catch the fever too-- it's going around.




2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hi here. So hi! gl&hf ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Fafner! Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete