01 October, 2010

GSL Final: Zerg vs Terran for $90,000!

I have no bias. Really.
When I first started watching the GSL over at GOMtv, I was excited to see what professional Zerg players had to offer as far as gameplay and things I could pick up from their games to help mine. I didn't really consider I'd get hooked on watching pro matches like I have. Watching these matches has been more exciting and more interesting than any regular sport, at least in my opinion.

But, now the grand moment has arrived-- 64 players have been whittled down to just two and they will be competing for almost $90,000 USD in the GSL Final match! The idea of being able to win that kind of money playing a video game is mind-blowing and gives me shivers just thinking about what could possibly come after this. Even more importantly, however, is who is going to be playing this match!


Both of these players are pro gamers from the days of SC1 and funnily enough, both were known as different names. Fruit Dealer is better known as Cool and HopeTorture usually plays under the name of IntoTheRainbow. I'm definitely cheering for Fruit Dealer, both because he's Zerg(obviously) and because he's just so crazy good.

After watching both Semi-Final matches that led to this pairing, I don't think either player has much of an edge on the other. They're both amazing players and if you're not watching GSL with their Premium service, I'm sure you could find VODs wherever you might think to look for them. I definitely recommend watching these matches as the play is the best I've ever seen.

I know I continually push GOMtv's Premium service and I stand by my endorsement, but if you have been resisting paying $19.95 then I whole-heartedly suggest that if you're planning to be awake on Oct 02, 2010 at 18:00 KST(GMT +9) that you buy the 1 Day LIVE Ticket and watch the final match of this tournament. It's going to be awesome. I promise. Seriously.

Either way, I'll be up at 5am my time to watch this and I'll be sure to post the results as soon as they're over.


No comments:

Post a Comment